Tonight is the first new moon of 2020 and it comes after eclipse season which makes it particularly powerful…here’s how to make it count.
New moon magic is all about new beginnings and intention setting.
If you have a ritual kit, today is a good day to repeat the ritual with your sacred items and reprogram your gemstone jewelry with new or existing intentions. If you don’t have a ritual kit but would like to do a short and powerful new moon ritual, here is a great one!
- Clear your space by smudging. I use sage and then palo santo, sage to clear everything out and then palo santo to gently invite in positive energy. If you want to know more about a space smudging ritual check out this blog post.
- Ground yourself to the earth. Do this by picturing yourself with roots growing from the bottoms of your feet and shooting straight down into the center of the earth.
- Surround yourself with white light. You can do this by picturing a bright bubble of white or golden light coming down from above and surrounding your entire body. I also like to light a candle during this part of the ritual, physically bring in the light.
- Protect yourself energetically by visualizing a shield over your chakras. I picture myself in a gold suit of arms.
- Think about what you want to manifest for the upcoming month and write it down. Get specific.
- Once the intentions are written down, speak them out loud.
- Next take the paper and place it under a crystal if you have one, a clear quartz works well for this because it will super charge your intentions.
- Send feelings of gratitude to your guides, angels, ancestors and your higher self for helping manifest whatever intentions you have set.
- Trust that the wheels are in motion. The universe works its magic in mysterious ways, don't get caught up on time frames or how it will happen, just put the energy out there as if it will and allow it to unfold.
- SMILE. Positive emotions help connect you with the laws of attraction and manifest your intentions on a deeper level. (Blow the candle out if you lit one.)